Mind At Rest Wills
Don't delay, put your mind at rest today!


Nowadays more and more people are changing their home ownership from Joint Tenants to Tenants in Common. In order to take advantage of Estate Planning Strategies that can help to protect their children’s inheritance in the future.

One of the questions I am asked the most is “How to tell if a home/house is owned as Tenants in Common”.

To do this first check any historical documents you may have from the most recent time your property was conveyed. This could be from when you originally purchased the property or when you last mortgaged the property.

Read More…

 Property Ownership Land Registry

Registered and Unregistered Property

HM Land Registry originally came to be in 1862 but it wasn’t until the Land Registration Act came into force in 1997 that it became compulsory to register property in the UK. From this point on each time a property is purchased a Solicitor or Conveyancer is required to file documents with the Land Registry so the property ownership can be entered into a public register.

Read More…

 Property Ownership Land Registry

When two people purchase Property or Land in England & Wales, there are two ways in which it can be owned and registered with HM Land Registry these are as either Beneficial Joint tenants or Tenants In Common.

If you are buying a home Your Solicitor or Conveyancer will ask you on which basis you would like your Property / Land to be registered at the beginning of the conveyance process. It is important to consider your options and understand the differences carefully at the

Read More…

 Wills & FAQ Book

Confused About Will Writing and Estate Planning Terminology?

In order to help you through the maze of Will Writing and Estate Planning technical Terms. Mind At Rest Wills have put together an A to Z glossary of the most common legal terms used in writing your Wills and Trusts, we hope you find it useful.


Read More…

 Deed of Severance

When you buy a property whether paying cash outright or with the help of a mortgage. The process of conveyancing takes place to convey the property into your ownership and register this with the Land Registry.

The Land Registry is the government department created in 1862 to register the ownership of land and property in England and Wales.

Types of Property Ownership

Read More…

 Tenants In Common Versus Joint Tenants

Choose Your Tenancy Status Carefully

During the course of a normal working week, I often find myself explaining the difference between Joint Tenants and Tenants in Common, to customers looking to make a Will. Below I will outline the key differences and how this can affect your Will.

When you purchase your property or remortgage an existing property. Conveyance work is done either by a conveyancing company or a solicitor. If you are a married couple or jointly own your property with a partner, you would have been asked on which basis you wish to own your property.

Read More…